How to clean silver jewelry

If there's something I don't like about silver jewelry, is how it becomes black even if you don't wear it.

Last sunday I was reviewing my jewelry box and, all I have in steel is perfect, silver pieces? arg, they seemed covered by coal...

So I cleaned them and well, I will tell you how I made it, just in case you're in the same situation.

How to clean silver jewelry at home

Process is easy, but it requires a bit of time and to rub...

Ok, I tell you, to begin you must put the pieces in a glass (all together, in the photo they don't appear but there were a chain and a pair of ear rings too)

Then cover them with bicarbonate (baking soda) and add half glass of hot water.

Clean silver jewelry at home with baking soda


Stir with the help of a tea spoon and let it rest for 1 day.

I don't know if that stirring is necessary, ok? but, everytime I went to the kitchen, I did it, I imagine it will help.

The next day, take out as much water as you can, and transfer everything to a bowl (jewelry and bicarbonate)

And then take one by one the pieces with a bit of bicarbonate and rub with your fingers, you'll see how the black layer is removed and the silver shines again.


Comments