How to make easily a fossils expositor

This is an easy DIY to do with the kids, and I'm sure they will love the result, because, having fossils it's great but having 'em in a box, it's like not having 'em at all...

So, I thought... why not making an expositor to show them?

How to make a fossils expositor

Materials are recycled:

- Wooden box of Skrei cod

- cardboard

- paint

First of all, I recommend you to wash as much as possible the cod box (you know it smells a lot), so wash it with a good dishwasher soap, rinse it and sprinkle it with baking soda to absorb the humidity and the smell.

It probably will not absorb all the smell but it's enough to cancel it with the paint.

Then choose a background color, I made an anthracite grey mixing a 40% black, 40% white and 20% klein blue.


Pintando expositor fosiles

To create a contrast, I painted the border in gold, somehow like National Geographic colors, and the result looks great ^_^

Marco dorado-caja fosiles

And now to maintain it inclined, I've used a cardboard piece folded to form a right triangle with an inclination of 45º (more or less)

I painted the cardboard with the background color and glued it to keep the shape.

apoyo expositor fosiles

And then, I glued the triangle to the box with a glue gun.

Piezas expositor fosiles

And here you have, our fossils expositor with a trilobites and an ammonoidea.

Expositor de fósiles






Comments