Homemade Apricot Jam

Summer is here and with it have come the most tasty fruits of the year.

Today I'm going to show you how to prepare a delicious apricot jam at home.

Homemade Apricot jam

Ingredients:

 - Ripe apricots
 - White sugar
 - Half lemon

How to prepare it:

I must say that I made the jam to avoid the apricots get ruined, I had so much of them and they were so riped that I shoud do anything with them or I should throw them to the garbage...

Apricot

First of all you should start cleaning the apricots and then divide and pit them, and then put them in a big pot.

Apricot

Cover them with water and bring them to boil.


Apricot boiling

Leave them boiling for 8 minutes and then drain.


Apricot draining

Grind the apricots with the help of a blender. And weigh the amount of purée you have.


Apricot purée

The way of making jam is easy, the same weigh you have of the fruit you should use of sugar.
As you see I had 653 gr. so, I needed the same amount of sugar.


sugar

Now, put the sugar over the purée in the pot again, take a strainer and add the lemon juice (for this amount of purée I had, I finally used the complete lemon to make the juice, but if don't have so many apricots, probably with half lemon would be enough)

Apricot jam

Heat the pot again (medium temperature), and stir until the sugar dissolves and you will see that it gets to a liquid state, so, you should keep stirring until it thicken, my point is when you lift the spoon and it has a sticky texture a bit dense.

Apricot jam

And when it's a bit less thick than a commercial jam, take it out from the heat, put it in glass jars, and let it cool (it would thicken)

Et voilà, you already have a homemade apricot jam.

Apricot jam

Comments