How to create your own air freshener

If you are tired of aerosol air fresheners that besides being polluting, they may be toxics, today I share with you a way of creating your own homemade air freshener.

Homemade air freshener

It's a really easy recipe and the result is great, but I have to say that it don't last a lot.


The ingredients are just three, water, baking soda and essential oil.

Ingredients Homemade air freshener

We put in a sprayer a glass of water, two baking soda spoons and two drops of essential oil (I've used a Loto Flower oil)

We shake it well until the baking soda gets well dissolved and taste it, if we think that it leaves low aroma, then we may add a bit more oil.

Talking about the sprayer, firstly I mixed it in the blue sprayer that you may see in the ingredients photo, but finally I put it into an empty perfume sprayer I had because is more comfortable to use and also it makes smaller drops and spread it better.

As said, the recipe is quite fine and by now I haven't appreciated any spot left by it, but it doesn't last a lot, any idea?


EDIT: it works fine over clothes and fabric in general but it leaves rests of baking soda over other surfaces...

I should improve this recipe...

Comments