5 ways to simplify your life

Have you ever felt overwhelmed without a reason?

I'm in that point right now, is a strange feeling, I'm blocked, things go fine, but something is missing, the life doesn't advance as it should do, is like being in the groundhog day permanently. 


Today I've been watching my Instagram and I've seen that I started packing the non-essentials for the moving one year ago, OMG! One year already! And I haven't do anything during that time! no-thing, this is what sumarizes this last year in my life, a lot of thoughts but bit of actions, and meanwhile life happens and I just watch it pass....

And let's give thanks that I took those first boxes for the move to an old flat that my parents owns, otherwise the 'garbage' would have eaten us...


So, today, I'm going to start practicing this 5 ways to simplify, to start putting my life in order and to get out from this inaction that has be blocked.

simplify life


1.- Decide what things you need and what not


All of us have a big sentimentalism over the objects that bring to us memories, but... is it really necessary to keep so many things? We keep a lot of things without noticing it, so we may take advance of the deep cleanings to get rid of things we don't need anymore.

Regarding memories, I've decided to use just one 'beautiful' box to keep all of them and they will only be there (except the photo albums).

2.- Make a cleaning and then organize


It's a total nonsense to organize the clutter (also to take it with you for a moving).
Begin by making a cleaning in the closets or shelfs you use less, take everything out and think when was the last time you used it and if you see yourself using it again.
If you only keep it 'just in case' throw it! or give it to someone who may use it.

3.- Make your priorities


Ok, I know, all of us have a lot of things to do, our homes, our families, our jobs, our hobbies, sleeping is something that is said that is also important...
Well, so, begin thinking in your schedule,times that cannot be changed such as the kids school schedule, your job or the meals hours, and according to this, organize the rest of the day.
It may seem simple, but since I did this and organized my mornings dividing it in hours I live in a more relaxed way.


4.- Plan your week


Dedicate a little time in the saturday or sunday to plan your week. What will be the weekly menu? Do you have to prepare any meal for taking outside home? when will you make your groceries shopping? Is there any kids exam/work this week?
This way you may organize to avoid helping to  prepare a maths exam while you're preparing the dinner after coming from doing the groceries, better, isn't it?

5.- Teach the kids to organize by themselves


Sometimes the problem is not just our tasks but the chaos from the rest of the family. So teach your kids how to use a daily planner, so you (and they) will always know what to expect from the week and it will be easier for them to organize themselves without your help.

Comments