Kids summer project: Creating a vegetable patch

 Today I'm gonna show you one of the best activities at my home every summer, to create a mini vegetable patch.

Vegetable patch  

Years before I made it sowing the seeds in homemade pots made with toilet paper tubes, but this year I've prefered to buy these seedbeds through Amazon, and I can't be more happy with them, since they have that transparent lid, they had a micro-climate inside them that makes the seed to germinate quickly keeping the plants hydratated.
 

Amazon seedbeds germinated plants
Amazon seedbeds urban vegetable patch

I like a lot this activity, kids can do everything, from filling out with ground, putting the seeds according to instructions in the seeds package, water them and see how they grow.

To observe how plants like the zucchini germinates in a week and how the rest have their own rythm to germinate and to grow (the zucchini must be removed in short time from there because it has a really fast growing)

I leave you here the links in case you want to create your own vegetable patch ;)

These are the seedbeds: https://amzn.to/3pyvseN

And here you have a great selection of seeds: https://amzn.to/43kBFJ5




Comments